Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hear their screams, the victims of torture are calling you.


Our Fellow Citizens of the World,


In Bahrain*, the Monarchy imprisons and tortures those who speak out for people’s rights and against injustice.  As you read this email there are human rights activists, bloggers, political figures, people with disabilities and children in Bahraini prisons being subjected to torture. There are currently 514 political prisoners in Bahrain, 116 of them are children. While our brothers, fathers and sons scream in their prison cells, we feel helpless.


In recent events we heard some of these prisoners speak in court:


“They threatened to rape my wife, daughters and sister, and every night I heard the screams of others being tortured.”


“Since my arrest when I was taken to an underground prison, I have been severely tortured. They used electric shocks, my eyes were blindfolded and my hands tied behind my back. I was not allowed to sleep for the first 5-6 days.”


“Due to the severity of the beatings on my head and ears, both my ear drums have torn. Some nights I bled due to the severity of the beatings as well as the electric shocks.”


“They warned me last night not to mention in court today any of the torture acts that I was subjected to, such as being stripped naked and sexually assaulted”

YOU can help us.  Tell the government of Bahrain to STOP using torture against prisoners, and show Bahrainis that you CARE. That the suffering and torture, blood and tears of Bahrainis will not go unnoticed.


Please hear our call, and respond, so we know we are not alone.
Lets all stand TOGETHER AGAINST TORTURE.


In a few minutes you can stand against torture in Bahrain. It’s easy! All you have to do is:



1)  Print a copy of the sign: Click Here
Or write on a piece of paper with a clear marker:

STOP Torture in Bahrain
My name is _______ (Plz write full name)
I'm from ________ (country of origin)
and I  CARE

2)   Take a picture of yourself, using your phone or webcam, holding up this piece of paper filled with your information.
3)   Send to stoptorturebh@gmail.com and we will upload it for you!
4)   You can check out your picture on our facebook page Together Against Torture (You can also use the same picture as your profile picture on facebook, to encourage others to join our campaign.)
5)   Please forward this email to all your contacts.

Want to do more?
Do you know people who would like to help? Be proactive. Print more copies of the attached file, ask your family and friends to fill them out, and take their pictures to send to us. If you send in more than 10 pictures we will send you a TOGETHER AGAINST TORTURE t-shirt.   


*Don’t know much about Bahrain? That’s ok….
For general information:
For latest human rights conditions:
For International Human Rights Reports:
Human Rights Watch:
Report on torture based on interviews with former detainees:
http://www.hrw.org/en/reports/2010/02/08/torture-redux-0